Dear Lake Superior Families,
August 12, 2015
As we continue to enjoy summer and at the same time continue planning for the upcoming school year, it is time to give you an update of things to look forward to at Lake Superior Elementary (LSE).
School Improvement Focus (Based on data from WI DPI RtI School Inventory Review)
High Quality Instruction for all learners – Intervention and/or Challenges – 21st Cent Technology Skills
Increased Staff Collaboration at all levels – Teacher/Teacher; Teacher/Coach; Teacher/Academic Assistant; Teacher/Parent…….
Family Engagement – Parent volunteers, Family activities, Conveying an understanding of the learning progression with students – Core instruction, Intervention and/or Challenges
- Monday, August 31st – 4 Year Old Kindergarten and Kindergarten Meet and Greet – 3:30pm – 5:30pm - Bring supplies to organize and meet your teacher
- Tuesday, Sept 1st - All students (4K – 5th) Start School Year – Busses arrive @ 8:30am - Breakfast and morning organization with a full academic day in classrooms– Bus Departure @3:30pm (Bus schedules to be mailed from our district office prior to school start)
- Wednesday, Sept 2nd – Before School Program (7am) and After School Program (3:30pm) start at LSE.
- Wednesday, Sept 9th – 1st Grade – 5th Grade Meet and Greet – 3:45 – 5:45 - Tour your child’s classroom and meet your child’s teacher.
- Wednesday, Sept 16th – LSE PTA Meeting in our cafeteria – 5:30 – 6:30
- Tuesday/Thursday, October 6th & 8th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
*Note: On Thursday, September 3rd we will send an LSE Family Calendar for the years
events. In addition, our important dates will be posted on our website.
- Mrs. Jennifer Willoughby has moved from our 4K classroom to support our district as the Director of Early Childhood Programs
- Mrs. Sara Barnard will move from her K/1 split classroom, to take over as our morning 4K teacher
- Mrs. Lisa Baker has transferred from Northern Lights Elementary to take a vacant position at Lake Superior within our 1st/2nd split classroom
- Mr. Rob Scott our PE teacher has accepted a position within our district as the Senior Project Coordinator at Superior High School
- Mr. Walter Gaulke will replace Mr. Scott at LSE as he becomes our PE Teacher that we share with Four Corners Elementary.
We are proud and confident about Jennifer’s and Rob’s new roles within our district and will miss them at LSE. However, we look forward to working with two highly qualified and experienced teachers like Lisa Baker and Walter Gaulke – Welcome Walter and Lisa!!
As we grow as a school community, we are excited to start another year with your children. As mentioned above, one of our School Improvement plans for the upcoming year is to increase parent involvement and awareness. We strongly encourage you to become active within your school. Please contact your child’s teacher about classroom volunteers, join and attend PTA, and call or contact your principal with any questions or concerns.
See you all soon,
Mark S. Howard
Principal – Lake Superior Elementary
2015-2016 Student Handbook
To view the LSE 2015-2016 Student/Parent Handbook. Please click here.
2015 - 2016 School Supply List
Lake Superior Elementary School Supply list for the 2015 - 2016 School Year can be downloaded and printed by clicking here.